Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week of February 15th-19th



We hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend in observance of President's Day!

Message from Ms. Tiberio:
I just wanted to say a big thank you for all of the cards, welcome back posters, treats, and flowers that I received last week.  I knew that these kids would rally for me and support me during this difficult time.  The amount of hugs I received was overwhelming but exactly what I needed.  I was fortunate to have my family by my side this weekend for Matt's services.  Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.    



Thank you for all of the Valentine treats!  Yummy! Students enjoyed passing out Valentine's on Friday! 

Both classes will have Media this week, so please be sure to return any library books so students can check out new ones.


Academics:

ELA
We will continue our Writing Practice this week with an Informative Prompt.  Our students are doing such an amazing job on the writing!  I hope they have brought home pieces to share with you!  

Due to the short week we will not have vocabulary.  I have carried over some work jobs from last week.  RRJ's with chats due this week.  Vocabulary readers will be due on Friday as well.  We will have a variety of activities to reinforce standards this week.  

Please make sure your child is going on Achieve 3000 at home to complete at least 2 lessons.

Bin of Happiness winners for last week were Mackenzie and Atlanta.  This week's phrase is "Kindness Matters."


Math:  The students have had plenty of time to review multiplying & dividing fractions, we will finish up the remaining Module 4 lessons this week and will test on Module 5 on Friday.  There will be no daily math quiz this week.  We will review all concepts throughout the week so students are well prepared for the assessment.  The last few videos of Module 4 are posted below.

Science:  We will continue to work through Chapter 8 which is covering the human body.

Resources:
Tuesday- Art/ Media (Ray)
Wednesday - Media (Tiberio)
Thursday- Music

Module 5 Lesson 32:

Module 5 Lesson 33:


No comments:

Post a Comment